Thursday, December 16, 2010

Thoughts...

I agree with Beth's post about guilt. Obviously before we started this healthy lifestyle change I took it a little too far with not feeling guilty about anything I ate! I just put whatever in my body and did not think twice about it. So I am thankful for this because I am more aware of what I am eating and was is IN what I am eating. But I would still like to eat pizza every once in a while or ice cream without feeling like that was the worst decision possible. I think the biggest thing I am taking away is that I can be perfectly happy just making certain adjustments to my eating habits. For example, yesterday we heated up a Digorino Pizza and I made myself a salad and ate a couple of small thin crust pieces. Or when I cooked tacos I just ate the taco meat and cheese and I was perfectly satisfied after the meal. Also, that I don't have to eat sweets at the end of EVERY night. I was getting into a very bad habit of constantly eating sweets. After the craving passes I am perfectly fine and happy that I did not feel like I HAD to eat it!
But Beth you are doing a GREAT job. You are almost halfway to your goal weight loss and it has only been a couple of weeks. Don't fret over chips! People would kill to look like you!!

P.S. One of these days I am going to out-do you on SOMETHING at Crossfit. I was hoping I had you on deadlifts or squats but you just beat me. I will beat you at something ONE DAY!!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Ummmm..you beat me at squats in college...it's just a matter of time :)