Wednesday, December 1, 2010

Mexican Food.

Well, a small victory tonight, but a victory nonetheless! We had our church youth group Christmas Party and some of the parents catered fajitas for everyone to eat. It was low carb kryptonite...tortillas, chips, beans....all so yummy! I a made a decision to not derail what I was trying to accomplish on the very first day, so I ate fajita meat, a small bit of rice (not great, but not horrible), cheese and a large helping of guacamole (fat is good for me!). Not too bad, BUT this was a party so there were desserts galore! Rice Krispie treats, cookies, pies in all their sugary goodness were calling out to me. I thought once, thought twice and told myself that I didn't need the guilt I would feel later from eating all that junk. Plus, if I'm going to cheat, then I'm going to do it with Mom's homemade Christmas cookies or some homemade Lemon Pie. I'm holding out for the stuff that would really be worth it. So one day down.....29 more to go and we'll see how I look and feel!


A side note: There is the issue of the Petit Fore (not sure about the spelling and I'm too lazy to look it up right now) that is still sitting in the 'fridge....

No comments: