Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Kitchen.

I think my kitchen got the most use it's had in a very long time last night! Gluten-free and grain-free cooking was abundant! When I finished the marathon of cooking I was both stuffed and also felt a little guilty. Everything was so rich, savory, and dare I say a little sweet that I thought I had totally cheated myself.

My first goal yesterday evening was to create a savory potato soup. So I found a recipe on one of my favorite primal sites, Joyful Abode for  potato-leek soup. I didn't have leeks, so I just substituted green onions. I started the soup and then decided that I needed to try to make primal dark chocolate muffins.

This is another recipe I found on Joyful Abode. I'd been itching to try some baking without using refined flour and sugar and I must say the muffins turned out really good! They could also be frosted to make a cupcake if you don't care about the amount of sugar. I might make a few minor adjustments, but all in all not bad for my first try!

In the midst of making the soup and muffins, I realized I had some chicken in the fridge that was going to go bad if I didn't cook it. This is when things started to get a little hectic! I decided that I would make some primal "chicken nuggets" with my chicken. So I mixed up some egg and milk, make a dry mixture of almond flour, parsley, garlic salt, black pepper, and probably some other spices (there was so much on the counter I can't remember!). Breaded my chicken and put it in the oven for 30 min and voila! Chicken nuggets NOT from Tyson. They weren't very crispy, I guess I should maybe finish them off in a skillet with some oil? But the taste was good. They got the Beth and Ryan seal of approval, but our chicken nugget connoisseur did not want to eat them. I thought she would love them, but what do I know?

On the other hand, she LOVED the potato soup. Ryan had to go and scrape the bottom of the soup pot to get more for her! She especially loved it topped with bacon and cheese.

Next time I cook, I'm definitely posting pictures of everything.

No comments: