Wednesday, December 22, 2010

Back on track.....

Well the holidays are definitely not helping my new change! Stupid sweets! As far as carbs go I feel like I am doing OK. Yes I've snuck in a piece of toast here and there, I've had an egg sandwich but I am definitely more aware of how many carbs I used to eat as opposed to now. That has not been so difficult. Sweets weren't too bad until these past few days. I went to visit my husbands family and they had white chocolate almonds, white chocolate pretzels, cherry pie, brownies! A typical Hinshaw heaven! Well I told myself I would be in control, Sunday night I had about a handful of the pretzels..not too bad compared to what I usually eat. Monday I was doing a bad job of munching, we stayed busy most of the day but when I'd pass the kitchen it was a handful of pretzels or almonds. (At least what was under the chocolate wasn't TOO bad!) That night after dinner I at one brownie. On Tuesday same song, just randomly grabbing a handful then after dinner I ate cherry pie! The whole time I am eating these sweets I am telling myself to stop but I keep telling myself "oh, it's just my 20%" well that might be leaning closer to 30%. If I was not making this eating change I would have said I had a very successful week as far as not stuffing myself but not so much now! I am not going to give in since Xmas is soon and just say forget it! We've already set our "cheat days" as Xmas Eve and Xmas so I will continue on and get back on track. I weighed as well and we are at 153.8. Not great but I am making progress....OK I am back on track now!!!! Phewww


No comments: