Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Mia Bella Salad w/Raspberry Vinaigrette Dressing

Last weekend I ate a Mia Bella Trattoria in downtown and had the most fantastic salad I've had in a long time. I tried my best to recreate what I could of it and it turned out pretty good today. Here's what I did.

My Mia Bella Insalata di Mela
Fresh Spring Mix and Baby Spinach
Sprinkle of Gorgonzola cheese (it has a strong flavor so I don't put too much)
Honey roasted Pecans, crushed
Apple slices (Mia Bella used granny smith, but I had Gala and they tasted great!)
Cherry tomatoes (I omitted)

Raspberry Vinaigrette dressing
1/2 cup Extra Virgin Olive Oil
1/2 cup Blush Raspberry Vinaigrette
8 packets Truvia sweetener (could use a 1/4 cup sugar)
2 tsp Dijon Mustard
1/4 tsp oregano
1/4 tsp black pepper

It tasted really good! I could probably lower the amount of Truvia I put in there...it was almost TOO sweet! Definitely better than the salads I usually eat and I like a good vinaigrette much better than ranch dressing or something like that! I might make it again tonight and I will definitely take a picture of it.

No comments: