Friday, December 10, 2010

Fail.

I actually thought about not posting this, but then I figured that this blog would be a useless piece of web space if I wasn't being completely honest with the 3 MAYBE 4 of you that read this.

Today started off with a lot of positive self talk and planning. I had my monthly department meeting all day and at each meeting there is a massive cornucopia of food all day long. Not to mention that we go out to lunch ( we are teachers, there is no daily out to lunch for us) so it's a big deal.

I did a good job in the morning resisting the sugar-trap that was the food table. Danishes, candy, hot chocolate (the instant kind), oatmeal and cookies beckoned me. I drank my usual protein shake and had an apple for a snack. I thing the apple made me even more hungry than I should have been because I ended up eating a banana with peanut butter smeared on it. Peanut butter is not ideal, but I was in a bind and needed some fat to hold me over. I wasn't thinking this morning and didn't grab my usual bag of nuts that I keep on hand.

Lunch= possible disaster. Everyone decided to go to Olive Garden to eat. Okay, great. I resisted pasta while on a date with my dear husband, so this shouldn't be that bad. Well, it was bad and good. I ordered a chicken skewer with potatoes, grilled chicken, and grilled veggies. Primal WIN! Then they brought out the salad and breadsticks and if you've ever eaten at Olive Garden you know how good the salad and breadsticks are. The breadsticks have some sort of magical coating that melts in your mouth and I think takes you to heaven for a split second...I'm just sayin'. I quickly grabbed some salad to try and fend off the need to have a breadstick. I lost that battle, although it was a better decision than I normally make. I only ate ONE breadstick. Escaping Olive Garden with a one breadstick wound...fine by me!

The afternoon was a breeze because I really wasn't that hungry. I did however eat 2 mini Reece's Cups that someone handed to me. FAIL. Not a huge fail, but one nonetheless.

I hate to say, but this is going to get worse before it gets better....

More Christmas shopping with the significant other and the daughter. Daughter did not want to cooperate at the mall. I really should have learned my lesson last time, she does not like the mall, or maybe she just doesn't like being in her stroller, whatever it is, it sucks! One the way home, I was tired, stressed and a little put out by my lovely child's behavior in public. So I actually said the words, "I really just want a burger and fries right now." AAAAAHHHHHHHHH! And what's worse is that my husband actually complied. He's supposed to be the unemotional one. He's supposed to make the right decisions for me, when I can't do that for myself! The only thing I can think is that he, too, has succumb to the stress that lingers in the mall....it clouds your judgement, like having an out of body experience or something.

Guess I'll have to get back on the bandwagon tomorrow. Just sabotaging myself, it's really unfair. I think this stemmed from eating too much sugar during the day. AND you know what else stinks about this....It wasn't even that good :(  I'll just end with two words. McDonald's...yuck....

No comments: