Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Occasion.

Last night was one of "those" nights. The ones that come along every now and then, where I gave myself the leeway to indulge in foods that are currently on my Do Not Eat list. It was quite refreshing to not feel like I was "cheating", there was no guilt, just the freedom of enjoying the food and socializing that came with it.

Our Women's Ministry at church had a progressive dinner to celebrate the Christmas season. I had the pleasure of dining at a good friend of mine's house. As a guest in someone's house, I'm not going to start making demands on what they should and should not cook or serve. She had chips with guacamole and salsa. I did have a few chips LOADED with guacamole...yum, yum. For dinner we ate homemade enchiladas, rice, beans, and tamales. I ate one enchilada, one tamale and some rice. I savored the flavors of the food and found myself enjoying what I was eating so much more.

When we finished our meal and fellowship, it was onto the dessert home for an ornament exchange. This was actually the easiest to resist. The sweets that were there didn't appeal to me. I did have a few peanut M&Ms, so I guess you could call that a "cheat" because it wasn't something I planned for or really savored...I just ate them because they were there :)

Pretty good evening though. I had a great time talking with some wonderful people, making new friends, and focusing more attention on conversation and enjoying myself, rather than what was on my plate!

No comments: