Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Moment of weakness

OK, so I had a moment of weakness last night. Dang it. I was at my parents house and the desserts kept yelling at me "EAT ME" they would not stop! So finally I caved! I ate half of a "smores" dessert. It was definitely delicious and I definitely wanted to eat the other half but I figured half was enough. I think running errands does something to people. I mean I was running around with my mom last night and for some reason after you come in from errands you just want something that is not good for you. I don't know what it is! It is very strange. Or at least that is how I am. I know I'll be tested once again when I visit Dane's family in Graham, TX. We go out to eat a lot and his dad always gets me a dessert. I am thinking I will have to tell him ahead of time what I am doing and don't bother buying the sweets for me!

A thought...
I think it is getting a tiny bit more difficult for me to reist sweets and carbs because I am starting to feel better about my body so I feel I can eat those. But I have done this before, I'll lose some weight then eat the weight back on! So, I am getting the hang of what to eat and what to avoid and it is getting easier finding lunches and dinners. The hardest meal for me is lunch. Everything I have takes time to prepare and with teaching I have about 20 minutes to shove the food in my mouth then I have to pick up my kiddos! But fruit and cheese is always a good fall back. Dinner is easy because I just take out the carbs I don't want. The biggest change I feel I've made is not eating the sweets after dinner basically every night!

So, while it is hard to resist things at times, I am starting to get the hang of it!

No comments: