Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Preparation.

I've been pretty bad lately about being prepared for dinner at night. That's probably the biggest barrier to sticking with eating this way for me. Ryan and I are busy, we like to get home from work and go do something. Whether we are working outside, running errands, or playing with Ansley, we are always going. Therefore, when it's 7:00 and dinner is not ready, we run out to get something. I will say that our eating out has gotten "healthier" but it's still not great. We don't eat fast food, and we usually eat barbecue or go somewhere and get meat and veggies. The problem with that is we are not in control of what goes into making our food. We might be getting meat and veggies, but do we REALLY know what's in there? Nope.

So this morning, I got up and had a random thought, of "I don't have anything planned for dinner. What can I do?" Instead of just saying that I would figure it out later, I found some thawed meat in the fridge, some marinade in the pantry and voila! I have marinating chicken ready for the grill tonight!

It's all about being prepared! Paleo is easy to do, because all you really need to make a meal is some meat and veggies. It's just having the foresight to actually THAW the meat before you need to cook it.

No comments: