Saturday, April 9, 2011

Effort.

I making a concerted effort here :) Jamie said that my last post made me sound like I'm depressed. On the contrary! I just get a little disappointed that I can't stick to my guns when it comes to food. I can't seem to figure out what that one thing is that totally turns me off from the bread and sugar.

I'm making some chicken salad tomorrow to try to give me some more options for lunch during the work week. But I find that I REALLY want something crunchy (i.e. a cracker) to put my chicken salad on. I've done celery, and it's okay. So I found a recipe for Grain Free Crackers, weird, right? They are in the oven right now, so I'll let you know how they are. I found these on a Caveman Food Blog. Here's a quick run down of the recipe.

1 cup almond flour
1 egg white
1 pinch salt

Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Mix the ingredients together until they form a paste. Put the dough on a parchment paper lined baking sheet. Put another piece of parchment paper on top and use a rolling pin to roll the dough out VERY thin. Remove the top sheet of parchment paper. Bake for 10 min and check the crackers. You want to cook them until they are "golden" brown. If they get too much color then you get the burnt nut taste and that's no bueno.

So I'll let you know how they taste, I'm not sure how easy it will be to give up Ritz crackers with my chicken salad!

No comments: